Friday, March 27, 2009

My New Sewing Machine - Bernina 440QE


Or, as they say in the manual, it's a sewing computer! Yes, I splurged and bought a Bernina. I was totally bowled over by what this machine can do. It has 180 different stitches (I'll probably use just 5 or 6 on a regular basis) and comes with a stitch regulator attachment for machine quilting. I love the optional knee lift for the presser foot; great for machine applique. Plus it does all the usual stuff like button holes, blind hem, and so on. I am still learning how to use it (so many more automatic features than my old machine) so I'm planning to give it real workout this weekend. I'll report back on Monday.

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read your full report - what a delightful new sewing machine. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cathy. What a fantastic new machine. You'd crack up if you saw mine, its about 25 years old, but still ticking! Regarding the Corgis teeth: yes, we do brush, but I've also started using a spray product called 'Petzlife'...you squirt it in and it loosens any plaque. Takes about 3 weeks of diligence to notice, but it seems to help! Have a lovely weekend. Warmly, Cathy ^..^

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Congrats on the new machine! I'm afraid I just plowed right in and started straight stitching when I got mine last year...I probably use 5% of its capabilities, so you're smart to learn it inside and out from the get-go.
    Thanks for visiting me at my blog!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.