Friday, April 3, 2009

Displaying Quilts

Do you have any novel ways of displaying or using your quilts? I am looking for new ways to incorporate them into our home décor. Our course, each bed has a quilt, and I have a throw size quilt draped on a chair in the family room. I also have a stack of 5 or 6 on a shelf in the family room. And I have my wall hanging display in the kitchen. In the upstairs hallway, I hung two curtain rods that I hang folded quilts over. The curtain rods came from Pottery Barn Kids and are hung so they project several inches from the wall, leaving lots of space for hanging.



Funny story - When my daughter was about five years old, I was making her a quilt – I think it was the third one for her bedroom. I showed her a finished block but she did not seem very enthused about it. “Don’t you like it?” I asked. Miss Main Street responded, “I like it but I’ll be too hot with all those quilts on my bed!” She thought she would be having all the quilts on her bed all the time! She was very relieved when I explained that we would use them in rotation.

1 comment:

  1. I love your quilt display and have been considering doing the same in my home! A wonderful way to display more than one - double or triple the smiles when you walk by the display.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.