Monday, June 1, 2009

Ta Da! A Finished Quilt!


Mon Petit Chou - quilted, bound, and labeled! I got it back from my long-arm quilter, Karen, last week and finished binding it on Saturday. This close-up shows the quilting.



I wanted it somewhat densely quilted, thinking that would help soften the vertical lines formed by the seams of the half-hexagons and it does help when viewed from a distance, though the seams are very obvious in this close-up shot.


The fabrics are the Plum & Fig line from Moda, designed by Fig Tree & Co. I started with a jelly roll then added yardage for the borders, backing, and binding. (I used the large floral print on cream for backing and the polka dots on green for binding.) There was something about this grouping of fabrics that attracted me when I saw them. The colors are unusual and don't go with anything in my house but it makes a good snuggle quilt on the khaki/beige family room couch.

1 comment:

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.