Wednesday, December 9, 2009

More Christmas Decorating

S-l-o-w-l-y, I'm doing some Christmas decorating at home. I got out the holiday table runners so thought I'd show them to you.

I use them on this buffet in our dining room. It holds our good china and crystal and we use the top as a buffet when we have parties. The first runner is a Terry Atkinson design from her book Lessons From Mama. When reading the directions, they seem a little strange but it actually goes together very easily. I made another one for use at other times of the year.



Here's a second runner. I know the directions came out of a book but I can't remember which one. Both of the runners are hand quilted, because that's all I did back when I made them. But now that I think of it, a runner would be good practice for the BSR on my Bernina. Hm, my brain is whirring with new ideas!



We have an island in our kitchen and occasionally, I'll use a runner there on a special occasion but not for every day. I still have a fear of it being ruined by food stains, after all that work! But that would provide a good excuse for making another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.