Monday, February 15, 2010

The 30-Day List

So much fabric love, so little time to make quilts.  All these fantastic new fabric collections are calling out, "Buy me!  Buy me!"  I will go broke, and run out of storage space, unless I develop a plan that builds in some impulse control. 

My plan is called the 30-Day List.  If I see something online that I like, it goes on the 30-Day List.  Rural Jardin, Bar Harbor, Kaffe Fassett, Lakehouse teacups and birds - all on the 30-Day List.  Whenever I fall in love, it goes on the list, along with the date.  If, at the end of 30 days, I am still in love and have a plan to use the fabric in question, I can make the purchase.  If it was just a passing fancy, it gets struck from the list, no purchase made.  Exceptions will be made for anything I need right now, to complete a specific project.  Exceptions will undoubtedly be made when I go to the Quilt Fest of New Jersey in March. 

Let's hope it works. 

2 comments:

  1. Love your plan! I've been doing something similar and have found that I don't purchase as much as I used to. Or if I do purchase it's usually enough for a Schnibble quilt or something similar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you think those fabric companies could give us a break for a month? Save our pocketbooks a little? No, we wouldn't want that! Your idea is great - I may try it - just need a little willpower. Do you ever worry it may be gone in 30 days? It happened to me with a French general FQ pack. I waited a weekend to think about it and it was gone!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.