Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Exuberance and Joy!

Laurie of Minick & Simpson had a wonderful post Monday about not worrying about achieving perfection with every quilt because it keeps you from being adventurous.  It struck a chord with me.  I am trying to be more adventurous with my choice of projects. I am considering designs that I would previously have written off as too difficult or requiring too much patience.  I am looking at colors and color combinations that are outside my usual range.  As Laurie said, "Almost every one of them is way less than perfect, all of them make up for it in exuberance and joy."



I have to keep this in mind and let myself adventure a bit further afield.  Yesterday, I bought this magazine.  I bought it totally for the cover quilt.  I've been wanting to tackle a kaleidoscope quilt for some time and that variation on the cover in modern greens and browns "spoke" to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.