Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Wednesday Weigh-In - Workouts

I'm getting back to my workout routine after a long hiatus while I nursed a nasty cold and lingering cough.  I am focusing on increasing the intensity of my workouts.  I don't see how I can possibly devote any more time; I usually get to the gym 4 or 5 times a week and workout for about an hour and 20 minutes each session.  So I am trying to ramp up the intensity to increase the calorie burn off rate.  I've increased the incline on the treadmill for my walking workout, and lengthened the amount of  time I spend at the most intense speed/incline combo while spending a shorter time in the middle speed before I begin the cooldown.  So far, so good.  Although it didn't appear to make an impact on this week's weight loss stats!

The stats:

weight lost this week: 0.4 pounds
weight lost YTD: 1.6 pounds

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on another week of weight loss.....any week you stay the same or lose is a major accomplishment! Good Luck with this week, I hope Easter Sunday is not a challenge for you.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.