Monday, May 31, 2010

Announcing Christmas in July Quilt Along


Would you like to join me for a quilt-along?  I'm dedicating the month of July to working on Christmas projects.  That way, I have some hope of getting them done before the holiday season is upon us.  I will be working on Brand New Day made with my hoarded stash of Robyn Pandolph red, green, and cream fabrics.



If I get that quilt done before the end of the month, I'll start on Let It Snow, the pattern I won in a give-away on Thelma's blog.



So, are you interested in joining me?  Not a lot of rules or structure - you can make anything you want to, as long as it has a winter or Christmas theme.  Bed quilt, throw, wall hanging, tree skirt - whatever you choose to do.  All you have to do is work on it during the month of July and periodically post something on your blog showing your progress.  No blog - not a problem - send me pictures and I'll post them here for you.

If you want to join me, let me know via comment here or email message and I'll post a link to your blog on my sidebar so readers can check out your progress. 

We'll officially start on July 1 but you can use the month of June to get ready by deciding what you want to make and getting your supplies together.  The new Christmas fabrics are just arriving in the quilt shops, so this is a great time to start.

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! I sure could use an early start this year -- I'll have to give this some thought.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.