Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Wednesday Weigh-In - Now Eat This!



Have you heard about this book?  Now Eat This, by Rocco Dispirito.   A woman I work with was enthusing about it so when I saw it in Barnes & Noble, I bought it in an effort to help the weight-loss cause.  (I've always considered it unfortunate that it is not enough to just read weight-loss books, low-cal cookbooks, and exercise instructions; you have to actually put the advice into practice.  That's the hard part; I don't have any trouble with the reading.)

Anyway, its a cookbook with recipes for "America's favorite comfort foods, all under 350 calories."    For example, in Cheesy Turkey Enchiladas with Tomatillo Salsa and Cilantro, he comes up with a version that has only 314 calories per serving (previously 990 calories), while Almost General Tso's Chicken comes in at 310 calories.  In No Cream-No Cry Penne Alla Vodka (one of my Italian restaurant favorites!), he trades low fat Greek yogurt for the traditional cream.  I'm going to try a few of these recipes and report back.  My weight loss effort has been stalled, creeping along at about a pound a month, so I need something to jump-start the effort.

The stats:
weight lost this week: 0.5 pounds
weight lost YTD: 4.1 pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.