Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day

I hope you are lucky enough to have your father with you today.

My father died 16 years ago.  It was cancer and he was only 61. I still miss him.

My dad holding me.  I was born on Guam while my dad was stationed there in the Navy.

Both my mother and father were good parents (my mother still is).  And when I think about it, that's pretty impressive as I was their first practice piece.  I mean, those of us who've made several quilts (or more) know what a mess we made of our first quilt.  But when it comes to parenting, everyone has to dive right in and hope they do it right the first time. 



My dad with me on my wedding day.

Thanks for everything, Dad!  I'm thinking of you today.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.