Thursday, July 1, 2010

Christmas In July Quilt-Along Begins

It is July 1 and the official start of my Christmas In July Quilt-Along.  I will spend the month working on Christmas and Winter quilting projects, with hopes of actually completing them before the holiday season is upon us.

Are you interested in joining me? Not a lot of rules or structure - you can make anything you want to, as long as it has a winter or Christmas theme. Bed quilt, throw, wall hanging, tree skirt - whatever you choose to do. All you have to do is work on it during the month of July and periodically post something on your blog showing your progress. No blog - not a problem - send me pictures and I'll post them here for you.

If you want to join me, let me know via comment here or email message and I'll post a link to your blog on my sidebar so readers can check out your progress.


For my first project, I'll be making Brand New Day, a Miss Rosie pattern, using Robyn Pandolph fabrics I've had in my stash for a long time.  The focus fabrics are below.  I think they are from Folk Art Christmas IV and Aubrey Rose.


And here are the fabrics I pulled from my stash for the star blocks.


Time to get started!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.