Sunday, September 19, 2010

Pennsylvania National Quilt Extravaganza XVII

On Saturday, I visited the Pennsylvania National Quilt Extravaganza show, held outside Philadelphia.  I don't have much eye candy for you because I neglected to take many pictures.  I enjoyed the show, though many of the quilts in the show were not to my taste.  Here are a few that did catch my attention.


This is Ring Around the Posy, by Elizabeth T. Miller of Charlotte, NC.  It is hand appliqued and hand quilted.  I especially like the border treatment. 



This is Midsummer's Heat, by Shirley Malia of Olney, MD.  It is beautifully quilted, which unfortunately you cannot tell from the photo.  I like the use of color.  I'd like to try something using this diamond shape.



The show included a number of quilts from Kaffe Fassett's various books.  This quilt uses the bowtie block, and I like the way the color is reversed for the border.  I'm considering this pattern for my own collection of "Kaffes."

Come back tomorrow and I'll show you my loot from the vendors at the show!

 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for showing some of the pictures from the show. I go to a couple of quilt shows around here, but it seems like the pictures I see on blogs from other shows are always different, so it is fun to see what others are working on. I really like ring around the posy.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.