Monday, September 20, 2010

Pennsylvania National Quilt Extravaganza XVII - Part 2, aka "The Loot"

Yesterday, I told you about the "show" part of the quilt show.  Today is reserved for the vendors.  I shopped with a list, to help ensure I get what I need for upcoming projects.  And focusing on the list helps keep me from getting carried away by sudden enthusiasms.  I say "helps" because a few unexpected things always manage to land in my shopping bag!



At the top of my list was a set of concentric circle templates.  I need these to finish my snowman quilt.  I will use them to mark the quilting.


I was looking for Kaffe Fassett prints in the aqua/turquoise/green colors I've chosen for a still-in-the-dreaming-stage project.  These go very well with the 15 or so others I have in a large ziplock bag.


By October, 2011, this fabric grouping will become a Halloween wall hanging.  These fabrics were on my list and I actually have a plan - meaning I know exactly what I plan to do.  I probably won't start this quilt until next winter or spring though.


Not on my list but I am a pushover for Fig Tree fabrics and patterns in general so when you combine the two, I just can't say "no."  This pattern, Paper Roses, actually calls for a charm pack but the layer cake (Mill House Inn) was such a good deal.


I tend to come home from these shows with several new patterns.  Even if I live to 100, I will not be able to make all the patterns I have.  Snap Happy makes a little bag that closes securely without a zipper.  I think it will be good for a few little Christmas gifts.


This was a little gift for myself.  The vendor had patterns and kits for making these little pumpkin pincushions but was also selling her samples.  I decided to go with the finished article.

It was a fun day!  I hope you have an annual quilt show in your area that you can get to.  They are a great source of inspiration and of supplies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.