Saturday, December 11, 2010

Honeysuckle Pink Is The "It" Color For 2011


Pantone, the company that provides the standard language for color communication for the fashion and design industry, announced that Honeysuckle, a shade of pink shown above, is THE color for 2011.  (Turquoise was their color pick for 2010.)


Around here, honeysuckle is yellow or white but I guess it comes in pink where Pantone is located.  Pantone describes Honeysuckle:

Courageous. Confident. Vital. A brave new color, for a brave new world. Let the bold spirit of Honeysuckle infuse you, lift you and carry you through the year. It’s a color for every day – with nothing “everyday” about it.


While the 2010 color of the year, PANTONE 15-5519 Turquoise, served as an escape for many, Honeysuckle emboldens us to face everyday troubles with verve and vigor. A dynamic reddish pink, Honeysuckle is encouraging and uplifting. It elevates our psyche beyond escape, instilling the confidence, courage and spirit to meet the exhaustive challenges that have become part of everyday life.

I'm not sure this shade of pink is really my thing, but we could all use a lift and maybe having a dose of this color around will help!  Will Honeysuckle be part of your quilting in 2011?

4 comments:

  1. i won't be missing that turquoise color they picked for 2010, I like pink, a lot, but not sure I could work that color it into a quilt, or into anything I would wear in public!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if I'm just weird, but I choose colors that blend with my home. I buy clothes that look good with my complexion. I like the pink, but I don't think any color has "elevated my psyche"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We certainly need a lift up here in Burgundy, France. There are a lot of gray and black wintercoats walking around. So, a little bit pink in the air would be great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How close is this to the bubble gum pink of the 30s?

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.