Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Quilt Fest of New Jersey VII - New Technique

One of the vendors at the Quilt Fest of New Jersey was Sue Pelland.  Her quilts covered the walls of her booth and she demonstrated her invention, the Leaves Galore template.  It is an acrylic ruler that makes it easy to cut the leaf or orange peel shape.  I saw the quilts and watched her demo. 



Yes, she reeled me in!  An Orange Peel or Joseph's Coat quilt has long been on "my list" but I was not enthused about having to cut all those shapes with scissors.  Well, this ruler means you can cut with a rotary cutter.  Plus, it is designed to eliminate a lot of waste, as one row of shapes lines up very closely with the next. 


Sue has instructions, including videos, on her website.

1 comment:

  1. I've been wanting to make an orange peel quilt also. Thanks for the tip. I'm off to check out her site. I'll be curious to see what you think once you use it.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.