Thursday, April 14, 2011

Coming Together

I finished 22 triangles, or 4.5 spiderweb blocks.  This is what they look like:


Now that I have several blocks completed, it it easier to see how the spiderwebs form.  Again, just laid out on my dining room floor, not sewn together yet.  When I do start sewing the blocks together, I'm thinking of pressing the seams open.  I usually press to one side.  For one thing, it makes matching seams so much easier when the pieces nest against each other.  But in this case, I think pressing the seams open will lessen the bulk in the center, where eight pieces come together.  Any advice?


2 comments:

  1. that looks fantastic!

    I've started pressing seams open and I've been liking the results. I definitely use it in areas that have a lot of bulk and it helps. I still press over when I want a clean nesting if I'm matching points but other than that I'm pressing open :)

    HTH! Can't wait to see this one as a complete top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt is fantastic!

    I would press seams open I think.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.