Friday, April 15, 2011

Planning Ahead

I'm still working on the spiderweb quilt but that doesn't stop me from thinking about - and mentally planning - my next project.  I have a few things in mind.

First, as previously mentioned, I plan to make several Christmasy quilts to hang here, in place of the pastels, as part of my Christmas decorating.  That's on my planned agenda for July/August.  I have a few ideas and tons of archived Christmas fabric.


Then, I want to make this wool applique picture, from the Sew Scrappy edition of American Patchwork & Quilting magazine.  I have most of the materials but need the background fabric (black wool), perle cotton or embroidery floss, and a frame.


I also want to make a quilt with a house block, either something from the Home Sweet Home book or...


or this pattern from Sew'n Wild Oaks, House on Edgewood Lane


But I just bought Simple Graces, by Kim Diehl, because I was attracted to two items on the cover.  This pillowcase...


I think it is perfect for the leftovers from my Rural Jardin quilt!  And I'm just wild about this yo-yo quilt.


Though somewhat less enthusiastic about the idea of making all those yo-yos!  Have you made them?  What's your opinion - ridiculously tedious or fun portable project?

And then there is this applique beauty.  Of course, I need to learn to applique first.


Fortunately, I have a little time before I have to commit to one or another.

2 comments:

  1. You have some beautiful quilts hanging on your rods. I wish you well in your plans and look forward to seeing what you make in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your plans. I'll be peeking in to see your progress. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.