Friday, September 16, 2011

Pennsylvania National Quilt Extravaganza - The Loot

I had a very interesting time among the vendors at the quilt show.  There was a fantastic variety, including a new-to-me vendor called The Christmas Shoppe, stocking some patterns by Australian quilters that I've seen on blogs but have not up to now seen the real goods at retail.  They have a website

I'd made a list of a few things I was looking for and tried to limit the impulse purchases; there are things I bought at this show last year that I haven't used yet.

Dover Street Books had a broad selection of books; I bought two.  I had so much fun making my last string quilt and String Quilt Revival: A Fresh Approach for 13 Classic Designs has some cool ideas.  I have several books by Barb and Alma; You're Invited: Quilts and Homes to Inspire caught my attention and seemed like it would be at home in my quilting library. 


I bought the Fig Tree pattern Butterscotch Tart because a vendor had a sample on display.  The sample was made in fabrics that were more Civil War reproduction than the usual Fig Tree look and that helped me see additional possibilities from the pattern.  Though I have a large stash of Fig Tree fabric and need to figure out a game plan for using it. 


I purchased several specialty rulers.  I found out about Bloc Loc rulers on a blog (can't remember which blog).  The company was vending at the show and demonstating how to use their rulers for improved block size accuracy.  The rulers are a bit pricey but I bought three, thinking the cost could be worth it in terms of saved time and aggravation. 


I also bought Lil Twister, another product I've seen on blogs.  And a ruler called Rapid Fire LeMoyne Star from Studio 180 Designs allows you to strip piece a LeMoyne Star block.  I plan to use this with my Etchings fabric bundle.  And all these new rulers meant I needed to get another ruler holder.  I like the wooden blocks with slots. 

I did not buy any fabric.  Amazing!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.