Thursday, January 5, 2012

Project Runway - Dress #3

My latest creation:


The fabric for the dress in this block is a little thinner than usual quilting cotton fabric.  It is closer to voile.  As a result, you can see the dress form through the dress (at least, I can see it).  But once I have all the blocks finished, I will be cutting out the backing from behind the dresses so I have less bulk to quilt through. 

It is great fun to pick out the fabric for these dresses!  It takes me back to my childhood, when I loved playing with dolls.  I am the classic tailored type now; I rarely wear a dress and when I do, it is nothing like this.  Though I did have a brief Laura Ashley phase in the 80's.  For proof, see my wedding dress.


Me and my dad just prior to my wedding.





1 comment:

  1. Love the photo of you and your dad, Cathy! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.