Monday, January 16, 2012

School Quilt


I spent a lot of time over the weekend in my sewing room and have the quilt for the school auction nearly finished (the top, that is).  The photo above is of one of the panels.  I'm using hourglass blocks, about a gazillion of them as they finish at 3.25", with a piece cut from a school t-shirt in the center. 

I think this plan will work out well for this quilt, though it is not my usual style.  I don't usually favor such sharp color contrast but most schools have two high contrast colors for their school colors:  you know, blue and gold, red and black, green and white.  I already have an idea for next year's auction quilt, which I think will incorporate some white background.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.