Thursday, January 19, 2012

Starting Fig Harvest

With the School Colors quilt out of the way, I am free to start my Fig Tree project.  (My original post about my intentions is here.)  For my first project, I'm using a pattern called Changes, designed by Kelly Guy of Cotton Charm Quilts and the Charming Chatter blog. 


Changes is a layer cake pattern, so if you've been looking for something to do with a layer cake, here's an idea.  But I will be making my version from fat quarters becauset that's what I have on hand.  This quilt design requires a lot of flying geese blocks so I will be using my Fit to be Geese ruler too.  The ruler is such a valuable aid to achieving more accurate blocks.

Kelly made her original Changes out of a Fig Tree line called Buttercup.  I'm using a fabric selected from the Buttercup line for my outer border but I drew fabrics from three lines, Buttercup, Fresh Cottons, and Strawberry Fields, for the blocks.  I'll be using Kona Snow, a softer white, for the background. 


Time to cut!





2 comments:

  1. I have that pattern and I am anxious to start it... but haven't decided on the fabric yet... I like your choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your fabric choices! I can't wait to watch your progress!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.