Sunday, February 19, 2012

Do You Pin?

I recently started pinning on Pinterest.  If you haven't discovered Pinterest yet, I give you fair warning:  it is fabulous for inspiration and a handy tool but it can be a real time suck!  You think you will just browse for a few minutes and before you know it, an hour or two or three have sped by.  Ask me how I know this!

But that issue aside, it is a wonderul way to save all those images you see on the internet.  You know, the one of that well-styled living room mantle that you wish was in your house, if only you owned some heirloom crystal.  Or that quilt that you added to "your list" and you remember there was a tutorial for the block but you can't remember which blog it was on.  So now, when you see these things that you want to save, you just "pin" them to one of your Pinterest boards.  Then when you want to see it again and get to the original source, it will be there waiting for you.

Pinterest is an online pin board or inspiration board that lets you organize and share things you find on the web. You can use it to plan decorating projects, plan events, and organize recipes.  I've got pin boards for home decorating ideas, Christmas decorating ideas, one I call "Corgi Love," and oh yeah, quilts I admire.  When you pin a picture from a website, it is saved to your board with the website name noted below the picture and the url embedded.  So all you have to do is click and you will be taken back to the source.  Easy way to get back to the tutorial, or online store, or whatever the source is.  

If you want to start pinning, go to the Pinterest site and register for your own (free!) account.  If the site won't let you register without an invitation from another member, email me and I'll send you one.  And let the fun begin!



2 comments:

  1. I just joined Pinterest a couple of weeks ago and just LOVE it! It is time consuming but SO informative. I am following you now :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Pinterest and spend way too much time there. However, the inspiration is wonderful and I'm so sucked in by all the prettiness - LOL. I will start following you - off to pin!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.