Thursday, June 21, 2012

Colleges + Quilting

Miss Main Street will be applying to college for the 2013 school year.  We've been taking her to visit some college campuses to help her decide where to apply.  Our most recent trip was to Muhlenberg College, a nice campus made even better (for Mom) by its proximity to Amish country.  A minor detour on the way home took us to Wooden Bridge Dry Goods in Kutztown, PA.   Wooden Bridge Dry Goods is one of those lower overhead places, on the outskirts of town.  They have lots and lots of fabric, at prices about 20% lower than what I pay at my local shops.  In other words, plenty of scope for going nuts!

I picked up some gold tone-on-tone, to be used in my next gold and blue school quilt.


And a jelly roll of Blitzen,by Basic Grey for Moda.  This is a new Christmas themed collection.  Now I need to find a jelly roll pattern to use.  Do you have a favorite?  Suggestions most welcome!


I wasn't looking for anything in particular and was limited by the fact that Mr. and Miss Main Street were waiting outside in 95 degree heat.  I had to wrap it up when Miss came inside to report, "Dad is out in the parking lot talking to strangers."  Seventeen years old but still hampered by the "stranger danger" brainwashing of the early elementary school years.  I hope she is able to talk to the "strangers" at college, at least some of them, so she can make some new friends.

Anyay, if you are in the vicinity of Kutztown, call in at Wooden Bridge Dry Goods. 


1 comment:

  1. I really enjoy your blog and look forward to your posts! You inspire me to go stitch! I just discovered a jelly roll pattern by Cluck Cluck Sew called "Sugar Dish". I can't wait to get started on it. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.