Wednesday, February 27, 2013

American Patchwork & Quilting, April 2013

There's a super scrappy version of Many Trips Around the World on the cover of the most recent issue of American Patchwork & Quilting magazine (April 2013).

 
The cover quilt was made by Lissa Alexander using a strip-set technique.  I like the jazzy brightness of her version and the constuction technique looks very easy to follow.  I'm using a different technique for my Many Trips project because I want a more symetrical look for the blocks.  I'm planning to put together a tutorial showing my method.
 
 
I really bought this issue for the project on page 66.  It is called French Braid.  I like the colors, what I call scrappy within a limted color palette.  And these are my colors! 

 
French Braid goes on my very long projects to make in the future list.
 
My posts will be a bit sporadic over the next three weeks or so as I see a very busy time for work and family ahead.
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. The braid quilt is a good one to add to the list. I have a long list as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning. I love you r blog so I am going to follow you..Riet

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought this magazine on Wednesday and thought of you as I paged through it. I also like the French braid quilt and may try it in a scrappy pattern.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.