Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Building Houses

I'm in the process of building the houses for my Full House Schnibble quilt.  So far, so good.


 
In fact, so far, very good.  I can understand how quilters come to love making Schnibbles and other small quilts.  They are a perfect interlude between more ambitious projects.  And the small size and limited investment in fabric makes it fun to try fabric designs, styles, and color combinations that are outside one's usual repertoire. 
 
This could the start of a long relationship!
 
 

6 comments:

  1. It has been a nearly two year relationship for me already! Your houses are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is adorable, I love house quilts you have me wanting to make this one now too!
    I too am considering making a series of Schnibbles.
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, schnibbles are addictive! Love your fabric choice for your houses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems like Schnibbles would make for a great learning experience for beginners or, as you mentioned, a good interlude between bigger projects for more experienced quilters. This looks like a really good design. The roofs of the houses in the design really show off the fabrics well in my opinion.


    My Website | Split-Site PhD

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems like Schnibbles would make for a great learning experience for beginners or, as you mentioned, a good interlude between bigger projects for more experienced quilters. This looks like a really good design. The roofs of the houses in the design really show off the fabrics well in my opinion.


    My Website | Split-Site PhD

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.