Monday, July 29, 2013

This & That

A few random thoughts for today:

Is there anything more satisfying than having a pile of finished quilt tops and pieced backs ready to go to the quilter?  Maybe only getting them back from said quilter.  These are ready to go.

 
 
JoAnne at The Patriotic Quilter posted about using this medallion print from French General for the center of her Dresden plate blocks.  I thought it was a fantastic idea.  I was going to my LQS anyway (sale in progress!), and sure enough, they had this in stock.  So I bought a yard of each color.  I don't have any plans for it but thought it was a necessary addition to my stash, just in case.



Time flies when I'm on Pinterest!  We were having a quiet Sunday - Miss Main Street was away at a music festival, the Mister was reading, the dogs were napping, so I thought it was safe to amuse myself for a few minutes hours.  Looking for quilt inspiration, of course!  I've decided my next project should make use of one of my unused gadgets.  I'm a sucker for specialty rulers that promise to make a difficult technique easier and/or quicker, as well as other quilting aids.  One of them, though I'm not yet sure which, will be getting a try-out very soon.


2 comments:

  1. Hey, great fabric purchases! I have leftovers and in the back of my mind I'm considering other possibilities for using it. I wish I had a LQS that sold French General.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fabric purchases. Very nice. I have a lot of projects lined up on Pinterest! It is better than the days when I used to print them out, stuff them in a binder, and not do them!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.