Sunday, October 12, 2014

Still Here!

I did not intend to take such a long break from blogging, but the truth is that there is not much quilting going on here on Main Street.  I am continuing to work on Modern Herringbone but have not progressed to the point where a status update is in order.  I interrupted that project this weekend to finish a few smaller tasks.

First, I pieced the backing for my Double Wedding Ring, so I can get it off the quilter. 

 
I'm using the large floral print from Paris Flea Market.  I bought 10 yards just for this purpose when it went on sale; the back used up a little over 8 yards so I still have some left.
 
 
My second task was to make the binding for this quilt, Christmas Crossroads.  I began this quilt about 10 months ago and finished the piecing early this year.  Even the quilting was completed months ago.  Time to stop procrastinating and get the binding on so we can use this this Christmas.  


After consideration, I decided to use the red.  It is a subtle stripe and I used a little of it in the body of the quilt.  There is more green than red in the pieced sections; the red binding gives it some "pop."

I plan to be back soon.

6 comments:

  1. It's good to hear from you again! I hope your binding project goes well. I know that in my house there is certainly more enthusiasm about dreaming up a new quilt project than there is in getting it done. Which explains UFOs, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you're at least making progress on projects -- even if it's not flashy at the moment. I definitely like the red binding -- perfect timing for a Christmas finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been using your time getting some of those jobs done that aren't as glamorous as piecing a top. I like the red binding too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see you back and hope your sewing time comes together. Your Christmas quilt is just so nice...love that red and will be a great choice. Wish all projects were easy to figure out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your Christmas Crossroads quilt. The white stripes provide wonderful contrast. The red binding is a great choice - it works really well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Christmas quilt. The red binding is great. Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.