In my last post on this project, I mentioned my dilemma over size. I had just realized that a quilt big enough for our bed would entail making a lot more blocks than I had planned. I decided to stick with the bed size plan. The soft colors in this quilt (much of the fabric is from the Paris Flea Market line by 3 Sisters for Moda) fits our bedroom better than any other room in the house so I am going to persevere and go for the larger size quilt.
The photo above shows four rows of the quilt completed. I have the clamshell blocks sewn together in rows but have not joined the rows together yet. Nor have I pressed (following the directions that say not to iron yet), hence the rumpled appearance. But I figure I am over the hump, past the halfway point to a finished flimsy.
I've already planned my next two projects out in my head and they will be smaller.