Monday, April 18, 2016

Color Inspiration

I began a pin board to hold color inspiration on Pinterest.  I use it to pin photos that have combinations of color that call to me, not necessarily because I like the photo itself.  My next quilt project is based on several of the photos I pinned, particularly Beach Blues.




I'm using a set of 2.5" batik strips from Wilmington Jewels, appropriately called "Ocean View,"  I've got a sand colored batik for the background.  And the pattern is Simply Woven Quilt from Moda Bakeshop.  I've had this pattern on "my list" ever since I saw Thelma's version on her blog.

This project will be a sort of fast fix after working on La Passacaglia for so long.  La Passacaglia is slow sewing at its finest but sometimes a quilter craves a strip pieced top from pre-cuts that can be finished in no time!


 photo signature_zps7mcw44cc.png

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful colors and doing something that sews up quick will be a nice break from all your hand stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These colors look like sea glass and with that background will be stunning.... nice change up from your last project.... enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful. I always think working with batiks is like playing with pretty paints.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.